National Centre for Nuclear Research Radioisotope Centre POLATOM is manufacturer and distributor of the isotopic goods applied in medicine, research and development, industry and environment protection. Activity of the company contributes to development of the nuclear medicine, biochemistry, radiochemistry, molecular biology and other fields, which apply radioactive isotopes.
The company is settled in Otwock near Warsaw, in the neighborhood of nuclear reactor.
For medicine Radioisotope Centre POLATOM offers:
- radiopharmaceuticals for therapy of thyroid and bone diseases;
- kits for technetium labelling used for diagnostics of: kidney, liver, biliary duct, spleen, brain, heart, inflammation, bones and also for examinations in oncology;
- accessories necessary in nuclear medicine centers activity;
For R&D, technology and environment protection:
- wide range of radiochemicals;
- sealed radiation sources for gamma radiography and industrial process control;
- standard solutions and sources for electronic measurement devices calibration.
Radioisotope Centre POLATOM has been certified for conformance with the following quality standards:
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- PN-EN ISO 9001:2009 + and the criteria of Internal Coompliance System
- Accreditation for Calibration Laboratory meets requirements of PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005
History of the POLATOM’s activity begun in the 1950s and was connected with the Institute of Nuclear Research. In 1990 the Radioisotope Centre POLATOM was create as a part of Institute of Atomic Energy. In February, 2005 the limited liability company Radioisotope Centre POLATOM was separated to deal with manufacturing and commercial activity. As the next step Institute of Atomic Energy and Institute of Nuclear Studies was merged to National Centre for Nuclear Research.